Forum House Rules
Generation Medics’ Forums are about creating an open, safe and informative environment for you to communicate directly with peers and professionals. Read our House rules to find out how we expect you to behave.
By creating these House Rules our goal is to set out the guidelines we expect our community to follow to accommodate and nurture an environment that is safe, informative and enjoyable. Please be aware that all our forums are moderated.
Here are some important rules for using our Forums.
- All members should treat each other with respect.
- We want all our members to be informed of the correct information. Please don’t knowingly post information that’s incorrect or lie to others in the forum.
- Use the community safely and be nice to each other! Our forums are moderated so please report anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Don’t share very personal information about yourself on our forums or with other members – this includes details like surnames, your phone number, your email or physical address or the name of your school/place of work. Don’t share your financial (bank) details or send gifts/money to other members.
- Don’t share or download files with others to protect yourself from malicious online hacking, viruses and/or other online fraud.
- Don’t enter into private chats with users if you do not feel safe. Please report any suspicious activity or anything that makes you feel upset or unsafe to a moderator.
- Don’t ask for or offer any medical/health advice though our forums
- Look after yourself. Consider what you are posting and where. Just because someone asks for information does not mean you must tell them anything about you.
- Parents are responsible for minors online so if you’re under 18 the government says that your parent/guardians should be aware of the sites you go on. If you see something that upsets you please tell them & report it to a moderator on our forum.
- Remember that people can pretend to be someone else on the internet so please be cautious when speaking to others. Don’t agree to meeting an online friend in person.
- Please don’t create more than one account. If you have trouble logging in or you have forgotten your username or password, you can click on the ‘Forgotten Username/ Forgotten Password’ and follow the instructions to help you regain access and login.
- Please use your first name as the name for your account. If it’s taken or you’d rather use a pseudonym, make sure that it’s appropriate – be sensible and mindful of other members!
- Your profile photo is a representation of you to our community members so please be sensible and again, make sure it’s appropriate
- If you’re under 16 and want to have a profile photo please either get your parent/guardian’s permission to post a headshot of yourself or alternatively pick an abstract photo that you like e.g. a photo of some flowers that you’ve taken
- Keep your username and password secret – the only people they should be shared with is parent/guardians if you’re under 18.
- Respect the identity of yourself and others. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not – including your friends, celebrities, brands or other organisations.
- We prohibit accounts that promote or distribute adult content.
Harassment & bullying
- We don’t tolerate trolling, bullying, harassment, threats or violence on our forums. The use of profanity or offensive language is also prohibited. If you read a message or a post that upsets you please alert a moderator.
- Don’t post anything that demeans, defames or promotes discrimination of any person or persons.
- Please remember that everything on the internet it traceable and per UK Law, we will share details with the authorities including the police if necessary.
- Don’t use our website or forums for any illegal activities. The internet has a great memory so make sure that it’s memory of you is clean.
Confidentiality & sensitivity
- Please be mindful of the audience of our forums when posting. Please do not post sensitive or confidential information
- Don’t post images or photos without getting appropriate permission from those featured.
- Please don’t post or share photos of people under 16 on our forums.
- We have a zero tolerance for spam. This includes commercial posts and solicitations. Please do not post any questionnaires or surveys for research purposes on our forums.
What we can do:
What we won’t do:
|· Look into anything you’ve reported or that we’ve noticed. We’ll read all messages you send to moderators and do our best to help.
· Remove or edit any posts that go against our House Rules or the spirit of community.
· Respect confidentiality.
|· We won’t be able to respond to messages quickly during non-working hours, however, you can let us know if there is something that makes you uncomfortable and we will try and respond quicker.
· We will not check every message before it goes live. This means that we rely on every user to be a ‘good citizen’ and to let us know if there is anything they find concerning.
If you violate these Guidelines, we may remove the offending content, terminate your account or notify law enforcement. If your account is terminated for violating our Terms of Service or these Guidelines, you may not use our Forums again. Please take these Guidelines seriously and honour them in the spirit in which they are intended. We will do our best to enforce them consistently and fairly, and ultimately, we’ll try to do what we think is best in each situation.