Terms and Conditions of Use
The content and facilities of Generation Medics websites and courses will be referred to as the “service” or “courses”, the user will be referred to as “you” or the “customer” and Generation Medics will be referred to as “GenMedX”, “us” or “we”. The following agreement sets out the terms under which GenMedX will provide the service to you. GenMedX may revise this agreement at any time and such a revision shall be effective immediately after posting on the website. You agree to review the agreement on the website periodically to become aware of such revisions. If you do not agree to the revisions you may terminate your agreement immediately.
GenMedX do not accept responsibility or legal liability for any errors or for the misuse of any material on this site. The material presented is for individual private student only; public performance of the material without written permission is specifically forbidden.
GenMedX provides information on the website in good faith and it has been checked for accuracy wherever possible. You are strongly advised to consult your own clinical teachers. There is acceptable variation in examination techniques. You should always discuss with your colleagues and seniors before adopting any practice with which you are not familiar. All the learning resources are copyright. The views expressed are those of the authors and not those of any sponsors or partners.
Copyright & use of the site
If you wish to contact us about your booking, order or payment, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Terms of the contract
If you place an order for an GenMedX course or document download, then these terms and conditions apply to your order and to the contract between you and us.
We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will apply to orders that you place after the time that we update the terms and conditions on our website. The changes will not apply to any order that you place before we make the changes on our website.
We have taken care to ensure that our website and these terms and conditions do not contradict each other. However, if there are any inconsistencies or contradictions then these terms and conditions shall apply.
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
We reserve the right to move course dates and venues.
Disclaimer of Warranty
To the maximum extent allowed by law, GenMedX, its licensors and subcontractors do not warrant any connection to, transmission over, or results or use of, any network connection or facilities provided (or failed to be provided) through the service. You are responsible for assessing your own computer and transmission network needs, and the results to be obtained therefrom. You expressly agree that use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” “as available” basis, unless such warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. GenMedX assumes no responsibility for any damages suffered by you, including, but limited to, loss of data, items or characters from delays, non-deliveries, errors, system down time, mis-deliveries or service interruptions caused by GenMedX, its affiliates, licensors and subcontractors, or by your or any other members own errors and/or omissions. GenMedX makes no warranty with respect to any related software or hardware used or provided by GenMedX in connection with the Service.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge and agree that GenMedX shall not assume or have any liability for any action by GenMedX or its content providers, other members or other licensors with respect to conduct, communication or content on the service or the software. GenMedX shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages in connection with the service. GenMedX entire liability to you and your expulsive remedy for any breach of any implied or express warranty, or for breach of this agreement is limited solely to any fees paid by you for the service.
GenMedX makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the operation of this site, it’s courses or any information, content, products and services, which are included on or otherwise made available to you, through the website and otherwise specified in writing and you expressly agree that you use this site at your sole risk.
Termination of services
Throughout the course of us providing our services to you, if you fail to contact us after 28-days despite our best efforts to make contact with you by telephone, postal letter and email we will assume that you no longer require our services and deem our services to be delivered to your satisfaction.
General cancellation policy
Requests to cancel your place on an GenMedX course must be made by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The effective time of cancellation will be taken as the date and time on which we receive your written confirmation.
Where our cancellation or postponement policy refers to ‘days’, these are defined as full ‘working days’ which means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, with partial days not counting.
General cancellation fees
GenMedX products, services and courses can be refunded within seven days of purchase if they are deemed unsuitable and are unused. Requests for refunds must be made in writing and the product returned. Once confirmed a cheque will be sent to the address on the original invoice or a reversal made of the original electronic transaction. Booking fees, Paypal fees and/or postage and packing costs will not be refunded.
Cancellation 21 days or more before the course
A refund will be granted, subject to the deduction of an administration fee of £40 per course day.
Cancellation 15 days to 20 days before the course
A refund will be granted subject to the deduction of an administration fee of £45 per course day.
Cancellation 8 days to 14 days or less before the course
A refund will only be granted if we are able to resell your place to someone else. Such refund will be subject to the deduction of an administration fee of £45 per course day.
Late cancellations (7 days or less before the course)
We regret that no cancellation can be accepted 7 days or less before a course or on the day of the course itself.
Postponing your course
If you are unable to attend the course that you originally booked for whatever reason, you may wish to postpone your booking to a future course, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate this at the current time.
GenMedX reserves the right to change the course date and location in extraordinary circumstances. At such times we will endeavour to contact you as soon as is possible. In such circumstances, we will not be liable for any costs incurred due to this change except for the course ticket cost.
E-learning, learning materials and webinars
E-learning materials are a Medical Education service provided by GenMedX. It is available via the internet to medical students, healthcare professionals and Doctors in the UK, Canada, and Middle East under certain conditions detailed below:
1. Use of this site is limited to bona fide Medical Students, healthcare professionals and Doctors, including trainees. Be aware that if you allow anyone from outside the Medical Profession to view the content of the web site, it could constitute a breach of Patient Confidentiality and attract referral to the General Medical Council (GMC). If, at any stage, you leave the Medical Profession you must notify GenMedX immediately and terminate your use of the service.
2. We will make all reasonable endeavours to ensure that availability of the website/e-learning/webinar will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet and the world wide web, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
3. Registration to use this service entitles you, and only you, to the use of the site. By registering you agree not to share your log in details with anyone, or to show the content to any other person. You also agree not to make copies of the materials on the site, or undertake any activity that would breach the rights of the authors of the materials or of the patients who have consented to take part in video programmes. All of these are covered by the GMC and NMC guidelines on probity.
Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering. GenMedX reserve the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content.
4. If you use this website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that your password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
5. GenMedX has various mechanisms for monitoring abuse of the service, and reserves the right to terminate the membership of anyone that it reasonably believes is abusing the service, or failing to abide by these Terms and Conditions. GenMedX reserves the right to seek any form of redress at its disposal (including legal action) in such circumstances. GenMedX is takes great care to ensure your personal details are not abused in any way.
6. Please note if you wish to cancel any subscriptions within 7 days of having purchased it, cancellation shall be at our discretion and if accepted will be subject to a cancellation charge (20% of total cost of the subscription). By reading these terms and conditions you hereby agree that no cancellation is allowed after these services have started to be supplied. This does not otherwise affect your statutory rights.
7. We reserve the right to amend and alter content of our courses at any time and without notice.
8. You agree that you are subscribing onto our courses for the sole purpose of your personal development and not on behalf of another entity or competitor organisation. All course material, techniques and handouts are copyrighted and cannot be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of GenMedX.
9. GenMedX shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure is as a result of Acts of Nature (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity [or telephone service], and no other party will have a right to terminate this agreement in such circumstances.
Personal Statement proof reading service
Personal statements (P.S.) are reviewed on the basis of information that you are providing through an already existing P.S. and any other information you wish to provide. A first draft will be provided to you by an agreed date. If you have placed an order for a further proof read your P.S. mentor may send a request for further information that, we believe, will enhance the content of your P.S. you have the right not to send this information. All advice and requests pertaining to your P.S. are given in good faith but will not guarantee a place at medical school.
You may provide that additional information at any time following receipt of the first draft. If that information is provided within 2 days of our request, we will endeavour to complete the P.S. within 2 days of receipt of that information. If that information is received more than two days after our request, we will endeavour to complete the P.S. as soon as possible in relation to our workload.
IMPORTANT – Sending your P.S. draft
Once you have made your booking for a P.S. slot, you will be required to send us a copy of your current P.S. We MUST receive your P.S. by the deadline agreed by you in the which will be detailed in the email confirming dates of submission and return.
Should your current P.S. draft be received after the deadline we cannot guarantee the timescale and will proof read your P.S. as and when a slot becomes available.
Should your P.S. not be received at all by us before the date booked for the first draft, then we will cancel the booking and no refund of any money will be made.
General cancellation fees
Where our cancellation policy refers to ‘days’, these are defined as full ‘working days’ which means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, with partial days not counting
Cancellation 14 days or more before the first draft of the Personal Statement is due to be issued: A full refund will be issued subject to the deduction of a £60 administration charge.
Cancellation 13 days or less before the first draft of the Personal Statement is due to be issued: No refund can be issued as work will have already commenced on your personal statement.