Generation Medics Home Forums Words of Wisdom Words of Wisdom

17 replies, 15 voices Last updated by  Tom_121 5 months, 4 weeks ago
  • Author

Tom_121
    Participant
    @Tom.123

If at first, you fail, get back up and try again. With each failure comes a lesson and an opportunity to grow 🙂

Kate Hunterr
    Participant
    @Kate2323

“If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.”Beyonce Knowles

I love this quote at the moment. It’s really relatable for when I’m struggling with my school work

Tom_121
    Participant
    @Tom.123

Don’t ever doubt your own capabilities and never give in! Where there’s a will there’s a way. If you can’t see a way, reach out and ask for help 🙂

Aspiring_medic12
    Participant
    @Aspiring_medic12

“If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further ahead than most.” Leonardo DiCaprio

Angie Heg
    Participant
    @Angie10

“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”

H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Bisy_xo
    Participant
    @Bisy_xo

Why do we fall? To get back up again…

humaira
    Participant
    @humaira

Artemis year 8:We all have the same 365 days the only difference is what you do with it

Humaira year 9: Don’t watch the clock, do what it does, keep going.

TenPencePiece
    Participant
    @TenPencePiece

These aren’t overly inspirational nor are they particularly medicine specific but I find these quotes often motivate me when I feel like eating nutella with a spoon and binging youtube “top 10” videos instead of doing something more worthwhile.

“Sometimes you just have to get sticky”- I find this applies to situations where it won’t go 100% smoothly, you know it won’t but the end result is worth it so if you want it, you just have to do it. This originated when I was in an art lesson and somebody was trying to paint a little sculpture without getting paint on their hands.

The second quote that motivates me is from Animal crossing, I believe it said by the fortune teller after receiving a fortune: “And remember, bad times are just times that are bad.” which is a pretty obvious statement but I think speaks loads about how we perceive things and how we think. If we think positive, we may be able to stay positive, even when times aren’t great.

sillyexol
    Participant
    @sillyexol

“Work hard in silence; let success make the noise”,

Random quote

Madylaroncey
    Participant
    @Madylaroncey

“You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”
    – GenMedX Snapchat story (#MotivationMonday)

-this quote is really inspiring because it tells you that if you just sit there and do nothing, nothing is going to happen.

Blerina GenMedX
      @blerinagenmedx

This looks familiar 🙂  Thanks for following us on Snapchat @genmedx

Katherine GenMedX
    @katherinegenmedx

“Those people who have the greatest success first needed to believe in what they have to offer the world. You need to trust that your unique contribution is worthwhile.” Grant Andrews

Blerina GenMedX
    @blerinagenmedx

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to believe what you do is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.

Katherine GenMedX
    @katherinegenmedx

It’s okay not to do what everyone else is doing or what others want you to do!

Chlo3
    Participant
    @Chlo3

That’s sooo true! I want to be a nurse for as long as I can remember and I can’t tell you how many times people have told me i can’t do it or tried to talk me out of becoming a nurse because they think it’s a crap. I feel sorry for them they are chasing money, I just want to follow my dream of helping people when they most need it. Watching 24 hours in A&E has taught me being a nurse is a hard job, but is all worth it in the end! #ForgetTheHaters think of the patients!

Stacey
      Participant
      @Stacey

Hey Chlo3

You’re not the only one who’s faced this, so don;t worry- stick in there! I’m a nurse (on a break from a long day shift) and I know lots of my teachers and family couldn’t understand why I’d want to be a nurse because they know it’s not great pay and is a lot of work.

But, joining the nursing profession is the best thing I’ve ever done- I love my job. It’s not great all the time, but no job is perfect!

The team you work with become like family because you work so closely with them & see them more than some family members! We get to help people when they need it most, make a real difference to their lives and have a laugh at the same time 😉

If any other future nurses are on here, I’m happy to give advice when I can, so keep asking questions!

P.S. the team who created this this site (and org) are great- I wish I had this when I was looking into nursing, they’ve got loads of info to help! #fangirl

Hinnah GenMedX
        @drhinnahgenmedx

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights on being a nurse Stacey – the family feeling in healthcare is brilliant

We hear a lot from people who have read but not posted to say that they really are finding the insights shared useful.

Dr Hinnah

GenMedics
    Keymaster
    @GenMedics

You wouldn’t believe how many people have told us we couldn’t do this- prove them wrong, follow your dreams!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.