Home Forums Pre-GCSE and GCSE Secondary School Common Room

13 replies, 8 voices Last updated by  Ellis Brd 9 months, 3 weeks ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author

Ellis Brd
    Participant
    @ellis4561

hii, does anyone know what a levels should someone who wants to study physiotherapy take?? thanks

andy heg
    Participant
    @andy13

hiii.. i just got my gcse results and didn’t do as well as i hoped.. will these grades affect my application to uni or also work applications? thanks

MeganGenMedX
      Participant
      @Megan_GenMedX

Hey Andy

Sorry you didn’t do as well as you hoped 🙁

Check out How my grades will affect my career in health to get some helpful answers – it’s not a simple yes or no answer there’s more to it/

Also I don’t know if you’ve seen but we have a GCSE Results area that’d be really helpful for you 🙂

Don’t worry. I didn’;t do very well at gcse and but I’m now studyign a subject that I love! there is hope!

Aspiring_medic12
    Participant
    @Aspiring_medic12

Hi,

I’ve just sat my GCSE exams and i’m waiting for my results. I spoke to my mum about different health routes I’m interested in and she mentioned that GCSE grades may be considered by employers or universities. Does anyone have any more information about this?

Thanks!

MeganGenMedX
      Participant
      @Megan_GenMedX

Hey Aspiring Medic, your mum’s right – we shared some information about that in our GCSE FAQ’s blog here

Don’t worry too much if you dind’t get the grades you really wanted because there’s lots of options available 💖

andy heg
    Participant
    @andy13

Hi I’m Andy. Does anyone know what GCSEs are best to choose if I want to study Physiotherapy in the future? Thanks

Blerina GenMedX
      @blerinagenmedx

Hello Andy, please make sure you move your question to the Pre-16: Questions for health students & professionals thread so you can get an answer for your question by a student or professional 🙂

For anything else, do not hesitate to let us know 🙂

molly s
    Participant
    @mollys

Hello my name is Molly and I am in year 9, aspiring to be a psychologist. Anyone else here wants to become a psychologist too? If so, what are you doing now to help yourself achieve that?

Ellis Brd
    Participant
    @ellis4561

Hi

What do you do when you need to revise but you keep getting distracted and doing other things?
    I find it so hard to sit down and concentrate only on revising!!

Please help if you can. Thanks x

Blerina GenMedX
      @blerinagenmedx

Hi Ellis!

Revision can be daunting sometimes for all of us! I’d advise you to find your rhythm. Some of us are morning people while others prefer to work in the evening. Some people work best in 40 minute time slots while others can throw themselves at a task for hours on end. There’s no right or wrong.

And make sure to find your right environment! It plays a large role in your ability to concentrate, so make it comfortable and relaxing.

Take one thing at a time until you get it right!

If you have any other question, don’t hesitate to let me know 🙂

Aspiring_medic12
    Participant
    @Aspiring_medic12

Im trying to revise for my GCSE exams, but I’m struggling with revision and staying focused 🙁 has anyone got any tips or advice?

MeganGenMedX
      Participant
      @Megan_GenMedX

Hi William!

GCSE Revision can be tough if you are struggling to focus.

Here are a few of our blogs that will help you (and others studying for GCSE’s) get through this revision period:

1 Definitely take a look at this blog: Top Tips For Revision. It discusses the need for a balance between revising and taking time to look after yourself. It sometimes feels like taking time away from your books is just wasting time, but trust me, you need it to keep you sane!

My advice: Take regular breaks that involve getting up and about. Also, don’t fall into the trap of checking snapchat or Instagram even if you lie to yourself and say it will only be for a few minutes, because your feed will just be filled with other people who are procrastinating or making their life look sparkly and great- neither of these things will be helpful to your wellbeing when trying to focus. Everyone does revision differently, the last thing you need is to start comparing your revision style to others!

2. How to Manage Time Effectively Before Exams!

3. When you’re taking a break, this blog will help you to feel less alone! GCSE Revision- what is everyone saying

Ultimately, in a few weeks this will all be over- just keep going!
      GCSE Revision- you got this!

sam
        Participant
        @Sam1

I’m in 6th form and these tips are helpful for me Megan

when I was revising for Gcses I needed some background music because my room was so silent when i was in there revising alone. I tried my normal music but it made me feel like doing anything else! My mum ended up making me try “outdoor noise” which we found on youtube and that helped me. Have you tried it?

GenMedics
    Keymaster
    @GenMedics