• Author

Stacey
    Participant
    @Stacey

Hi everyone,

I’m Stacey a RN in Manchester. I think taht the careers advice available about careers in the NHS is shockingly poor.

As health professionals it’s our responsibility to share why what we do is great! That’s why I support Generation Medics to inspire and support the next generation!

They have asked me to share how I keep in touch with them to get involved with different projects.

There are three main ways I regularly keep in touch, one is the volunteer newsletter where they share what they’ve been up to and give opportunities to get involved with projects in different local areas. The second is social media @genmedx to hear their updates and the third is just by dropping them a message  (through the contact us page or email) when I have an idea or see something that they’re sharing that I could send out to my contacts.

I’ve also been lucky enough to meet some of the team at an event, so know that they’re all hugely passionate and work full-time on driving this much needed change. It’s great that they’re a team with lived experience, a heck of a lot of credentials, have a strong female founder driving this all forward and are so welcoming to professionals who don’t have a lot of time, but want to get involved!

Having personally met them, I know that what they’re doing is and has changed the way people think about careers in health and I feel privileged to be part of the community driving this forward!

If you have a passion for inspiring the next generation, learning new skills for CPD and want to get involved with a truly grass roots movement to support young people, get in touch with the team.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Stacey. Reason: typo's!

GenMedics
    Keymaster
    @GenMedics

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.