Generation Medics Home Forums Undergrad/Apprentice Advice from Undergrads and Apprentices (Medical/Health/STEM/Life sciences subjects)

3 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  James GenMedX 6 days, 5 hours ago
  • Author

James GenMedX
    Participant
    @JamesGenMedX

I’m planning to kick-start this thread! (but thanks to Hanna, Hasan and KK for your input so far)

Who should be posting in this thread:

If you’re studying ANY healthcare/life-sciences subject or you’re an apprentice in-training, share your advice here. By sharing advice, you don’t know how many people you could help. They might be struggling with something that they haven’t told anyone else about and your words really help them exactly when they need it. Let’s #BeKind and share good vibes.

Who is this thread aimed at:

• Our peers (i.e. those in a similar situation to you) but also
    • young people at school/sixth-form

Here’s my advice:

It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and not know where to turn to for advice when you’re being pushed by lots of people to make a decision about your future whilst also trying not to fail your exams. Having the right people around you is really essential. The advice and insights that you can gain from our Generation Medics community can help too, so if you’ve got a question or some advice, join the conversation – you’re not alone!

James

Katherine GenMedX
    @katherinegenmedx

Happy Friday!🎉

Yesterday we met some undergrad Paramedics who told us that they still have a few weeks until their dissertation hand in.

Have you still got deadlines approaching? If you do, have a read of our light-hearted, relevant blog!

‘5 students share their nightmare deadline experiences’

If you have a deadline story you’d like to share, feel free to comment on the blog 🙂

Have a great week! 😊

Hanna
    Participant
    @hanna_

Hi everyone I’m Hanna

I remember y12 and y13 being super crazy for me because i really wanted to get into medicine and i was so scared of not getting the grades or messing up my application that before my exams i started making myself ill but not on purpose, just literally because i was so worried

Recently some of the lower 6th students from my old school have statted asking me to talk to them about medicine and something we’ve spoken about a lot is alevels. they feel like they’re everything and that pressure is crazy powerful. I know its easy for me to say now I’ve been through it but if you can find ways to stay calm and not compare yourself to others you will be able to concentrate on just trying really hard to take it all in

I would definitely recommend speaking to your teachers during revision time as much as possible to see if they can give you any advice or tips with things you find most difficult and hopefully that will help you improve. and before exams i would spend about 50% of my day revsing and the other 50% doing past papers to try and get better.

if you’re revising good luck!!! and if you have any questions for me feel free to post here 🙂 xxH

Hasan A. Khan
    Participant
    @khanhali

Hi there.

I’m a medical student with a weird and wonderful story. I’ve started writing a few tips for aspiring medical students. You can click on the link below to read my tips. The first of the series is on forming the Goal of becoming a doctor.

https://birdkhan.wordpress.com/category/medicine/

If you have any questions or comments please leave them here. Hope you enjoy and benefit 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.