Work Type: Part-time
Start date: Flexible
Salary: £8-10 per hour (opportunity for performance-based bonuses)
Are you looking for a fun part-time role that’ll lead to something bigger over summer? Do you want to work for a fantastic organisation?
We are looking for Summer Project Leaders to join our excellent team part-time, and full-time over summer when your project is live. This is a great opportunity for people who are looking to develop their skills and experience within a mission-driven award-winning organisation.
The ideal candidate will have previous events experience and strong communication skills, but most of all we are looking for great people who will go above and beyond to deliver amazing results.
If this sounds like the role for you, submit your CV now!
What will you be doing as a summer project leader?
You’ll be working on everything to do with our summer project events from start-to-finish! Here’s a guide to what your role will involve:
- Leading a summer project – this could be a summer school, event or conference – and driving it to success
- Planning, organising and managing all event related tasks
- Building and sustaining partnerships, sponsorships and sales
- Developing and implementing marketing campaigns and strategies to publicise events
- Managing and organising registration of all attendees and partners
- Managing and supervising all young people, staff and volunteers
- Organising activities and fun experiences for young people, and ensuring their everyday wellbeing and safety
- Event management and administrative activities including evaluation
- Dealing with all event queries in a timely manner
You should apply for this role if you have...
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive approach and the ability to thrive in a small start-up team
- Proven customer service experience and the ability to take initiative
- Self-motivated and commitment to leading projects to completion
- Approachable and personable with the ability to build relationships with people from all walks of life
- Previous event experience preferred (but not essential)
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Confident liaising with stakeholders at all levels
- A proactive approach to problems
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to lead activities in an area of specific interest e.g. sport / drama / crafts
- Social media experience (but not essential)
- Full clean driving licence (but not essential)
- a degree or are working towards one
How to apply
Want to contact us? Use the form below to send us a message 😊
Please bear with us – we’re a small team and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can
More About Us
Generation Medics is a multi-award-winning non-profit community of like-minded, professionals, volunteers, and students, each committed to having a real impact on the lives and aspirations of people whatever their background. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. You will be given real responsibility to make an impact on our organisation and the people we help.
Our mission at Generation Medics is to widen access to medical and healthcare careers information, advice and opportunities for people from all social backgrounds. We provide career-spanning support to our vibrant community, helping them make informed decisions and lead successful careers